There is no word yet on how the firefighter is doing.
According to CBS Baltimore, a Maryland firefighter is dealing with a knee injury after fighting a garage fire in Anne Arundel County. The fire, which happened on Downey Road in Severn, appears to have "broke[n] out on a detached garage around 1:40" p.m. yesterday, March 10, according to fire crews. "They were able to get it under control and don't have word on how ... (it) started."
One Facebook user posted of the fire, although it's unclear where she got her information:
3 of 3) MD | SEVERN | ANNE ARUNDEL | U/D | 8732 DOWNEY RD | MULTIPLE PROPANE TANKS GOING OFF EXTENDED TO THE BRUSH W/...Posted by Deborah Myers Ledford on Wednesday, March 10, 2021
This comes less than a week after a similar incident in Odenton, Anne Arundel County.
According to Jacob Baumgart for Patch, "An Anne Arundel County firefighter was injured battling a blaze Monday evening at the Odenton Motel 6. The first responder was on top of the building ventilating the structure when the roof collapsed, an incident report noted. The write-up added that the crew member, who works for the Severn Fire Station, then fell about 15 feet. Medics took him to the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center for treatment, fire officials wrote. The press release explained that he was discharged soon after."
And just a month ago, yet another Anne Arundel County firefighter was injured extinguishing a house fire in Annapolis. That fire, which "took 43 firefighters around 30 minutes to extinguish," according to Lilly Price of the Capital Gazette, "sent him to the Burn Center at John Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for burns on his hands." He was later released.
Scary stuff! Firefighters are always in harm's way. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.