Fill out an application and attend an orientation event on October 19 to help out!
*Updated on December 11, 2019, at 3:19 p.m.:
The National Western Stock Show (NWSS) needs you! It is calling for volunteers for the annual 2-week event, January 11-26, 2020.
This is your chance to be part of the iconic 114th NWSS and see its workings as an insider. The Stock Show is looking for people to assist the management and staff of the National Western in providing top-quality service for exhibitors, patrons, and guests.
"Volunteers have the opportunity to volunteer in many areas including the Kids Activity Pavilion, Coors Western Art Room, Guest Services, Horse and Livestock Show, Educational Programs, Information Booths, Photography, Ticket Taking, Administrative Support, and many other special events during the year," says the NWSS website.
In addition, to be able to catch some of the fun events at the show, according to the NWSS, volunteer benefits include:
- By committing to 30 hours or more per year, volunteers have a choice of either 2 horse show tickets or 2 rodeo tickets on specific dates which will be issued during credential pick-up at the Volunteer Kick-Off Party.
- Volunteers receive a grounds admittance badge. This must be worn at all times.
- Volunteers will receive a name badge to be worn on the volunteer uniform at all times.
- Volunteers will receive "years of service" bar at 5-year intervals at the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
- A parking permit is provided in designated lots during hours of volunteer service.
- Participation in training sessions depending on volunteer service area.
- Discount meal coupons are available in the Volunteer Center.
- Invitation to the Kick-Off and Appreciation Parties.
- Liaisons will recognize deserving volunteers within their service area.
The NWSS is accepting individual volunteers, local business or club volunteers, and student volunteers over the age of 16.
You can learn more about all the volunteering options at the National Western and throughout the year on the NWSS website. To attend the December14 orientation, you must first fill out an application form.