Bring home the bacon: by eating bacon!
A new job just opened up and it sounds so good we had to share: Professional Bacon Eater is now a real job! Farmer Boys, a farm-fresh fast-casual restaurant chain based out of Riverside, California, recently posted a contest to find the biggest bacon fan they can find. They announced last week that the search for a "Bacon Intern" is on, and they mean business—delicious, crispy, melty, bacon business.
Official duties include a full day of eating as many bacon-topped items they can handle and rating each strip of bacon for flavor and thickness. For one honest day’s work, this intern will walk away with $1,000.
"At Farmer Boys, we’re firm believers in customer feedback and listening to our guests, and we felt that hiring our first-ever Bacon Intern would add another layer to that philosophy and help make our food as pork-tacular as it can be," said Larry Rusinko, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Farmer Boys. "In addition to taste-testing some of our most popular existing menu items, we also plan to have the Bacon Intern try some of the exciting items we’re currently developing."
Did you hear? We're searching for the first ever paid BACON INTERN.— Farmer Boys Food (@FarmerBoys) August 6, 2019
🥓One day - $1,000 pay - EAT BACON!🥓
Follow 'FarmerBoysFood' on Instagram to learn more! pic.twitter.com/JAVHCu5blG
Applications are now open. Farmer Boys have asked the following of those interested:
- Post a fun and engaging photo or video on their personal Instagram account explaining why they would be the best Bacon Intern for Farmer Boys.
- Applicants must tag @FarmerBoysFoods in the post and use the hashtag #FarmerBoysBaconIntern in their caption.
- Accounts must be set to public to be considered. All entries must be submitted by August 20 to be considered.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and must love all things pork.
- Additionally, Farmer Boys is located in Southern California so whoever is selected must travel there to perform their internship responsibility and make that money, the company is not covering travel costs.
Check out all the rules and regulations on the contest website.
A winner will be selected on August 27. While this one-day gig may not be a "traditional" internship, it does have its perks, namely the bacon and the bragging rights of being a professional eater of meat candy.
Farmer Boys was founded in 1971 and serve burgers, salads, specialty sandwiches, all-day breakfast featuring farm-fresh ingredients. Currently, the chain operates 92 restaurants in California and Nevada.
We wish all those who enter the contest good luck and lots of bacon. (Even though we're steaming with jealousy over here.)
Are you ready to go hog wild and enter the contest for this unique opportunity? Sound off in the comments.