Check your pantry because Chips Ahoy is the most recent food to board the recall train.
Mondeléz Global LLC issued a voluntary recall on April 13 because the Chips Ahoy Chewy cookies have been tainted with an "unexpected solidified ingredient," which could cause unexpected health effects. There have already been some reports of adverse effects from consumption -- Whatever you do, do not consume the cookies.
The 13-ounce package of recalled cookies bear UPC number 0 44000 03223 4, and have a "Best if Used By" date of September 7, 8, 14, and 15. 2019, located at the top left-hand corner of the packaging. The Chips Ahoy cookies can be found in most retail and grocery stores, so they could have been purchased anywhere.
Neither the unexpected solidified ingredient nor the adverse health effects have been identified at this time. According to the recall, no other types of Chips Ahoy cookies have been affected, and the recall is strictly for the chewy version of the Chips Ahoy cookie.
Courtesy of Fox News
What to Do
If you consumed some of the contaminated cookies, consult with your doctor immediately. If you have questions or concerns, you can call the company at 1-844-366-1171. They are open 24 hours a day. Consumer relations can also be reached any time Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Dispose of the cookies properly or return them to the store for a full refund. The nationwide recall has been limited to the United States, as the cookies came from a factory in New Jersey.
Twitter users are not happy.
Yea I found these nearly a month ago an my son ate like 2/3 rows before I even found out!!!!! Tried to contact the company an couldn’t get anyone to answer!!!! How are you just now announcing a recall???? pic.twitter.com/8YyoxDJrnD— Nick Fairchild (@NMF606) April 16, 2019
Guess who ate 2/3 rows of my Chips Ahoy cookies?— SuperDad (@_kingmuh_) April 16, 2019
Guess who just had a recall on a pack of cookies that my dad ALREADY ATE?@ChipsAhoy!
Now I’m on hold to find out what these little clear bits are... YAY!
Have you eaten some of the contaminated cookies? Were you one of the few that has fallen ill? Tell us in the comments.