Wreaths Across America is looking for volunteers to help lay holiday wreaths at military headstones all over the country.
This year, the wreaths will be set out on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Before then, there is so much work to do in preparation: donations are required for wreath-making supplies, volunteers craft the wreaths out of greenery, and the hard work of getting them from place to place will take major coordination. Time is running out, and the organization can use all the help it can get.
Volunteers can help out in a number of ways:
- Sign up to help out on December 14, 2019, at the location of your choice.
- Make a financial donation to sponsor a wreath—every little bit counts!
- Hold a fundraiser to provide even more wreaths for the cause.
- Donate your trucking or transportation services to help move the wreaths to participating sites.
- Spread the word about the wreath-laying project on social media.
About the Organization
From 1992 to 2005, the Worcester Wreath Company quietly brought their surplus holiday wreaths to Arlington National Cemetery to honor fallen servicemen. Over the years, the effort has grown to become a national initiative, organizing volunteers and donations to lay hundreds of thousands of wreaths on military gravestones all over the country. Each year, they coordinate wreaths for over 1,600 sites, in the U.S., abroad, and at sea.
To figure out where you would like to volunteer your time, head to the official Wreaths Across America website and enter your location. You can make donations online at the site as well.
**All of the photos and the video are courtesy of Wreaths Across America on Facebook.
Have you participated in the Wreaths Across America Program? Is this a family tradition for you? Share your memories with us in the comments.