What was deemed a recovery mission, quickly turned into a rescue mission. Even though this happened in 2013, we can still celebrate their amazing discovery today! 

Unbelievable. Truly remarkable. You just can't make up this kind of story.

A team of divers was sent down to the sunken wreckage of a capsized tugboat to recover the bodies of the crew. Watch the raw footage of when a diver was met with the hand of a live survivor.

The tugboat, Jascon-4, was originally sent off the coast of Nigeria to tow an oil tanker. A sudden ocean swell hit the boat and capsized it in the early morning hours. There were 12 people on board, most locked in their cabins as a standard procedure.

The boat's cook, Harrison Odjegba Okene, was in the bathroom when the boat capsized. The interior of the boat was in complete darkness, first because of the early morning hours, then because of the blackness at the bottom of the ocean as the boat sank.

"The boat came to a rest upside down on the sea bottom, at a depth of 30 m (98 ft). Eleven crew members died, but in total darkness, Okene felt his way into the engineer's office 1.2 m (3 ft 11 in) in height that contained air sufficient to keep him alive. There, he fabricated a platform from a mattress and other materials which kept the upper part of his body above water that helped reduce heat loss," as reported by notthebee.com.

Okene survived in the pocket of air, and pitch darkness, for three days. Okene only had one bottle of soda to last him the three days. He was expecting to die. CBC reported details of how the cook survived for 60 hours at the bottom of the ocean.

He shared with the Nation in an interview: "I started calling on the name of God. ... I started reminiscing on the verses I read before I slept. I read the Bible from Psalm 54 to 92. My wife had sent me the verses to read that night when she called me before I went to bed."

Do you remember seeing this video in 2013? What did you think of the video? Tell us in the comments.