San Antonio FC midfielder Ollie Wright spent more time on the field than he might have planned for Saturday night but an early injury kept him on the pitch for 61 minutes.

In that time Wright recorded his first professional assist as San Antonio FC settled for a 1-1 draw against the Rio Grande Valley FC Toros. SAFC kept hold of their unbeaten mark at home, improving to 2-0-3 at Toyota Field this season. SAFC has not lost at home in 18 consecutive regular season games.

“The guys competed tonight,” SAFC Head Coach Alen Marcina said. “We continue to keep this regular season home undefeated streak going, 18 games is quite impressive in any league in the world.”

SAFC is now 2-2-5 on the season. San Antonio has 11 points, which places them in a tie with Austin Bold FC for fourth in the USL Championship Mountain Division. Rio Grande Valley improved to 5-2-2 on the season. The Toros 17 points place them atop the Mountain Division.

In his first minutes on the field Wright worked his way through the RGV FC defense. Wright found Justin Dhillon making a run toward the RGV goal. Dhillon took Wright’s pass and slotted it into the back of the net to give San Antonio a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute.

“In training me and Justin have linked up quite a few times so I’m used to him making that run,” Wright said. “I was able to find him through the defense and it was a great finish by him.”

Wright was subbed on in the 10th minute for Nathan after Nathan was hit in the back on a challenge by RGV’s Erik Pimentel. Nathan was looked after by trainers on the field and despite being stretchered off in the eighth minute tried to play through the pain.

“It’s never good to see a player go down with injury,” Wright said. “I haven’t spoken with Nathan but I hope he gets back as soon as possible.”

Wright was eventually subbed off in the 71st minute as Emil Cuello took his place on the field.

San Antonio’s lead lasted all of 10 minutes before RGV FC could tie the score in the 23rd minute when Christian Sorto fired in a goal from about 12 yards out. The Toros ended up outshooting San Antonio 12-9 over the course of the game.

Four minutes later, in the 27th minute, Dhillon nearly had a second goal. His attempt off of a Cam Lindley free kick went a foot wide of the goal.

The rest of the game was marked by the physicality that has been a hallmark of the series between San Antonio and Rio Grande Valley. There were 30 fouls called in the game, 16 against San Antonio and 14 against Rio Grande Valley. San Antonio had five yellow cards while Rio Grande Valley was shown four yellow cards.

SAFC will return to action next Saturday night at 9 p.m. when they travel to Salt Lake City to face Real Monarchs SLC. San Antonio is still looking for their first win on the road this season.

The next home game for San Antonio will be July 3 against Austin Bold at 7:30 p.m.