According to USA Today, Colorado is home to the best ski resort in North America.
Ski season is here, and areas all across the U.S. and Canada have opened their slopes for the winter season, including many here in Colorado. But one Colorado ski resort stands out against the rest, according to USA Today, and it's Winter Park Resort.
Named the best ski resort of 2018, Winter Park spans across 3,081 acres of terrain and is divided into seven territories, with 166 named trails for skiers and riders to choose from, all of which are accessed by 25 lifts.
The Colorado ski resort beat out resorts in Utah, California, Michigan, and British Columbia. Two other Colorado resorts were named in USA Today's list, including Copper Mountain (No. 5) and Telluride Ski Resort (No. 10).
USA Today's Best Ski Resort of 2018 -- Top 10:
- Winter Park Resort -- Winter Park, CO
- Mount Bohemia -- Lac La Belle, MI
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows -- Olympic Valley, CA
- Alta Ski Area -- Alta, UT
- Copper Mountain -- Copper Mountain, CO
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort -- Golden, BC
- Deer Valley -- Park City, UT
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort -- Revelstoke, BC
- Taos Ski Valley -- Taos, NM
- Telluride Ski Resort -- Telluride, CO
What do you think? Have you gone skiing at Winter Park Resort before? What about Copper Mountain or Telluride? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.