Only nine Arby's locations around the country will be serving Renaissance-style smoked turkey legs in honor of the "Game of Thrones" season finale on Sunday, and Norfolk is lucky enough to have one of them!
The Arby's at 730 E. Little Creek Rd. in Norfolk
will be the only Virginia location serving the special "Game of Thrones" fare, so don your Renaissance-era garb and get in line! The Smoked Turkey Leg offer begins on Sunday, August 27, the same day as the much-anticipated season finale to "Game of Thrones." And of course, it's only available while the turkey legs last!
Reportedly weighing in at about one pound, each Smoked Turkey Leg is seasoned with salt and brown sugar, then smoked and slow-roasted. Arby's had some fun with the press release, describing each of the nine "lands" where the turkey legs are being sold. Norfolk was called "a land of ships and sailors surrounded by giant vessels forged from iron."
The eight other "lands" include:
- Fargo, ND: a frigid land in the north with ruthless winters and relentless snowfall.
- Los Angeles, CA: a western land known for its bountiful amount of gold and riches.
- Seattle/Redmond, WA: a land of storms, savaged by heavy rain and wind, with a coast of deep blue water.
- Denver, CO: a land of treacherous mountains divided by fertile river valleys with an abundance of stones.
- Pittsburgh, PA: a land of powerful rivers, defined by the trident of the Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio.
- Phoenix, AZ: a land of sand and sun, known for its harsh desert climate.
- Omaha, NE: a land of fertile farms that provides many of the crops that feed the country.
- Atlanta, GA: a land where the crown jewel of the Arby’s family, our headquarters, resides.
to view the full Arby's press release and see the addresses of locations in each of the other participating cities!
Will you be stopping by Arby's for a smoked turkey leg? Are you going to watch the GOT season finale? Tell us in the comments!