Name a more iconic pairing than the Kentucky Derby and Mint Julep—we'll wait.
The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday, May 1, and in anticipation of the greatest two minutes in sports," we wanted to make sure you're prepared for any festivities you may have planned for the event by giving you the recipe for a mint julep. It's a classic for a reason.
And lucky for you, it's super easy to make! Take a look at the recipe below:
Mint Julep Recipe
- Fresh mint
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 2-3 oz. Bourbon
- Put several mint leaves in the bottom of a glass tumbler.
- Top with simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, fully dissolved).
- Muddle mint until it starts to bruise and syrup is tinged green.
- Fill the tumbler with ice.
- Add Bourbon.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.