Bring your kids into the kitchen and enjoy cooking together.
Our family has enjoyed pizza night on Fridays for years. We've used Boboli Original Pizza Crusts to save a heap of time. And they're delicious! Boboli has thin crusts, wheat crusts, and even 8" individual crusts to fit a variety of needs.
As the kids have gotten older, their contribution to the meal has shifted a bit. There are quite a few age-appropriate tasks that can be delegated so that each family member is involved.
- For the littles: Placing ingredients like pepperoni, adding spoons/tongs in each ingredient dish, take drink orders, gather napkins, and sprinkling cheese.
- For the not-so-littles: Plan the pizza ingredients, make their own pizzas, choose music to play while everyone is in the kitchen, chop vegetables, and taking pizzas in and out of the oven.
Kid Chef: Easy Make-Your-Own Pizzas Recipe
- Boboli crust (one for each family member)
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce (about 2/3 c. per crust)
- Green bell peppers, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Other favorite ingredients: Be creative. You can use leftover macaroni and cheese, taco meat, or leftover BBQ chicken for a unique pizza.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Gather ingredients for pizzas. Chop vegetables and open necessary containers to create an assembly line. Each family member will have his or her own crust and can move through the line to add ingredients.
We start with sauce, and then we add cheese. Selected toppings are added and followed by a light sprinkling of cheese on top.
Bake the pizzas directly on the oven rack, according to package directions (about 7-8 minutes). Carefully remove the pizzas from the oven and slice.
Want even more pizza recipes? Head over to Boboli's website for a collection of mouth-watering pizza creations.
Have you made Easy Make-Your-Own Pizzas? What did your kids think? Tell us in the comments below.