This is one of the easiest and most mouth-watering recipes to add to your menu this week.
Seriously. Stop what you're doing and run to the store for a pork roast and green chili. You'll be glad you did. With minimal prep time, you can place the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it cook all day while you're working or enjoying the outdoors. Be prepared, you'll return home to one of the most enticing aromas ever.
I suppose you could use any green chili for this recipe, but I'd highly recommend the beautiful nectar available from the Ol' Gringo Chili Company. The company has a rich heritage of more than 20 years perfecting salsas and chilis.
"Our factory, nestled in Southern New Mexico’s chile fields, has specialized in red and green chile sauces as well as award-winning salsas for more than 20 years. You will find the Ol’ Gringo line of products as well as its sister lines, Andele and Aztec’s, which is tailored for more ethnic tastes," writes Ol' Gringo Chili Company.
Enjoy combining a jar of green chili with a pork roast to make flavorful carnitas this week.
Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 hours
- Pork roast (6-7 pounds)
- Jar of Ol' Gringo Chili Company's Gourmet Green Chili Sauce (16 ounces)
- Remove excess fat from the roast. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker. Pour entire jar of Ol' Gringo Chili Company's Gourmet Green Chili Sauce over the pork. Cook on low for 8-9 hours (or the internal temperature of the pork reaches 165 degrees).
- Just before serving, remove any bones and shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve with fresh flour tortillas, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salsa, and lime.
- Try carnitas street tacos using fresh corn tortillas, sour cream, queso fresco, tomatoes, and lime.
- Try Mexican carnitas street tacos using fresh flour tortillas, roasted corn, sour cream, tomatillo salsa, and lime.
What do you serve with your carnitas? Share in the comments below.