Double the heat, double the flavor.
We’re taking your "normal" chicken wings and adding double the heat. The following recipe was provided by Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC, Ace Hardware Grill Expert, and Owner of 5280 Culinary.
Double-Fire Chicken Wings Recipe:
Yield: 4-6 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-25 minutes
Before you begin making this delicious twist on chicken wings, there are some things you must do to prep. Add some Fire Salt and Rub A Dub to start the smolder, then onto the grill to get them crispy, and finally, a finish of fire honey to double the heat.
- 2 lbs chicken wings—fresh
- 1/4 cup oil—canola or vegetable
- 1/4 cup Fire Salt Rub—5280 Culinary Season
- 1/4 cup Rub-A-Dub—5280 Culinary Season
- 1/2 cup Fire Honey—5280 Culinary
- Garnish parsley—Italian chopped
- Preheat your grill to high or 450 degrees
- In a large pan, add the fresh wings, oil, and seasonings
- Mix well to combine (can be mixed and held in the fridge the day before)
- Allow wings to sit for 20-30 minutes to allow the spices to activate and soak into the wings
- Once your grill is heated to temp, place the wings on the grate and close the lid
- Sear on ALL sides and move to the top rack or cool spot once they are close to done
- Cook to an internal temp of 165 degrees—check with an instant-read thermometer
- Fully cooked wings will have clear juices and little to no red on the bone
- Wings will take about 4-6 minutes per side
- Remove from the grill and place into a NEW grill pan
- Adjust seasoning if desired—add more fire salt if desired
- Platter wings, drizzle with Fire Honey, and garnish with chopped parsley
- Fire Salt, 5280 Culinary Ace | SKU: 8561979
- Rub A Dub, 5280 Culinary Ace | SKU: 8562050
- Fire Honey, 5280 Culinary Ace | SKU: 8017719
Be sure to share this recipe with your wing lovin' friends (or keep it to yourself, we won't judge). Did you try this and love it, or make any changes, let us know in the comments below.