Looking for a quickie? We're talking smoothies, Folks.
I love quick and easy recipes. Whether it's just for a couple of us or for the whole family, these smoothies are a fantastic hit year-round. The best part about this recipe is there are countless variations depending on your taste, what you already have on-hand, and your dietary needs.
Our family enjoys smoothies at Saturday morning breakfast or anytime during the week as a quick snack.
We have a pretty basic blender. I know there are super-awesome blenders out there, but a simple blender works just fine for this recipe.
Quick and Easy Smoothies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 (approximately 2/3 c. servings)
1 lb. frozen fruit (defrosted on the counter for 30 minutes) or fresh fruit (peeled)
1/2 c. yogurt
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. cream of coconut
- Add the wet ingredients to your blender. Follow with the fruit. Mix until well blended.
- If your smoothie ingredients get a bit stuck as your blending, turn off the machine. Use a long spoon or chopstick to loosen the solid items stuck at the bottom. Turn on the machine and continue blending.
- Serve immediately (with or without drink umbrellas).
Try these options to mix up your smoothie game.
- Add 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter for a bit of protein.
- Try different kinds of fruit (strawberry and banana, mixed berries, peaches, and blueberries, etc.).
- Add a splash of your favorite coffee creamer for added flavor.
What do you think of the smoothies? Let us know how you vary your smoothie? Tell us in the comments.