This new take on pumpkin pie adds a cream cheese layer and bursts with "pumpkin" flavor.
This family favorite has been requested each year at Thanksgiving ... and even for birthdays throughout the year. It's easy. It's quick. And it delivers all the pumpkin you love.
This truly is a no-bake recipe. If you're wanting a fuller flavor in your graham crust, skip the prepared crust and bake your own. The crust only bakes for 7 minutes. That's a fraction of the time a fully baked pumpkin pie would take. And you don't bake the full pie at all.
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Bake Time: Zero!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (Or better yet ... ingredients make one graham cracker crust using Nabisco Graham Cracker Crumbs)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 T. milk or half and half
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 c. cold milk or half and half
- 2 pkgs. (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Follow the directions on the graham cracker crumb box. Mix the necessary ingredients for one crust. Rather than putting the crust in a pie pan, I like to use a springform pan. It is so much easier to cut and serve out of a springform pan. Bake the crust for seven minutes and allow to fully cool.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on top of cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Pour 1 cup of milk into a large mixing bowl. Add pudding mix. Whisk together until well blended, 1-2 minutes. The mixture will be thick. Stir in pumpkin and spices and continue to whisk the mixture. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish with additional whipped topping, nutmeg sugar, and pecans, if desired.
Do you top your pumpkin pie with Cool Whip or ice cream? Let us know in the comments below.