This year's tournament is said to be "unlike any March Madness that has come before."
On Thursday, the NCAA released its schedule for March Madness 2021. Back in January, the NCAA said that the entire 2021 men’s basketball championship will be played in Indiana, with the majority of the tournament’s 67 games happening in Indianapolis.
2021 March Madness Schedule:
- Selection Sunday — 6 p.m. ET March 14
- First Four — 4 p.m. start on Thursday, March 18
- First round — 12 p.m. start on Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20
- Second round — 12 p.m. start on Sunday, March 21, and Monday, March 22
- Sweet 16 — 2 p.m. start on Saturday, March 27, and 1 p.m. start on Sunday, March 28
- Elite Eight — 7 p.m. start on Monday, March 29, and 6 p.m. start on Tuesday, March 30
- Final Four — 5 p.m. start on Saturday, April 3
- NCAA championship game — 9 p.m. Monday, April 5
According to reports, the games will take place on two courts inside Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Only one game at a time will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Practices will be held at the Indiana Convention Center, with multiple courts available.