Got cabin fever? Grab some friends and sign up for the Winter Games at the District Wharf this weekend!
Go for lunch and stay for the games. Compete or cheer on your buddies in organized bouts of corn hole, Pin the Tail on the Husky, curling, and the "Wharfarod" dog-less dog sled racing. Make this event an annual family outing by competing together!
If the sidelines are more for you, relax by the firepit with a hot drink or make some s'mores.
WHEN: Saturday, February 16, 2019 | 2–5 p.m.
WHERE: District Wharf | 735 Water Street, SW | Washington, D.C.
PARKING: Pay garage off Maine Avenue SW
Know Before You Go
- This is a family-friendly event. Kids will love playing with giant board games like checkers and Scrabble.
- This is a pet-friendly event! Have your best buddies leashed and well-behaved, please.
- If you don't feel like driving in, water taxi services also come directly to the District Wharf.
- Bundle up -- the Winter Games will be held outdoors in the open event space.
- You must be 21 to purchase or consume alcohol at the event.
About the District Wharf
The revitalized D.C. waterfront is now home to exciting new restaurants, a lively seafood market, and a multi-purpose event space. Just minutes from Northern Virginia and Maryland, it is the perfect day trip for anyone in the DMV.
Dine at one of the many Wharf restaurants like Hank's Oyster Bar for delicious seafood, Kaliwa for exciting Asian fare, or Lupo Marino for rustic Italian dishes and pizza. End the night with a stroll and something sweet from one of the ice cream or dessert shops.
*All of the photos in this article are courtesy of the D.C. Wharf.
For more information about the D.C. Wharf, upcoming events, or places to eat there, visit the Wharf website.
Are you going to compete in the Wharf Winter Games? What's your favorite place for a waterfront meal there? Let us know in the comments below!