If you're tired of crowded commercial camping grounds, give Hipcamp a try.
Forget noisy neighbors and questionable public bathrooms. Part of the fun of a camping weekend is getting away from it all. Instead of heading for a tiny lot in an overcrowded campground, find a private spot on Hipcamp.
Don't worry if you don't have a tent or any expensive camping gear. You can set out with nothing more than a backpack of supplies and rent a whole cabin, yurt, or even an Airstream. The world is your oyster with just a bit of vision.
Hipcamp is full of cool property owners who are waiting to host you. Imagine Airbnb, just without the houses.
How It Works
- Get on the Hipcamp website and enter your desired location.
- Here's the fun part: keep an open mind and browse the listings, just to get an idea of what's available.
- Filter through listings with the amenities for things you'll need like electricity, running water, a fire pit, etc. Make sure you indicate if you'll be bringing your pets.
- Just like with any other rental site, type in your dates of travel and get a trip estimate before booking. Be sure to message the property owner with any questions.
- After your trip, post pictures and reviews for other Hipcamp users.
One of the coolest things about Hipcamp is that other travelers post all about their adventures online. While it's hard to see exactly what a place is like online, you can easily find out what others think about the service by scrolling through photos. A wood-heated hot tub? Don't mind if I do!
**All photos courtesy of Hipcamp on Facebook
Are you a big Hipcamp fan? Tell us about your experiences with the site in the comments.