The Virginia Beach oceanfront makes a great vacation destination.
With summer just around the corner, it is getting extremely hard not to daydream about lying on a sandy beach somewhere, listening to the ocean crash upon the shore. Fortunately for those of us in Virginia, we have a number of great beaches in our beautiful state. But of these summertime destinations, Virginia Beach sticks out as the largest beach to visit. In fact, it holds the Guinness World Record for having the longest stretch of pleasure beach, at 35 miles. That is quite a lot of space to stretch out on a beach towel, or take advantage of the many things that the Virginia Beach oceanfront has to offer. Check out what you have to look forward to this summer at Virginia Beach!
Photo courtesy of Pinterest
Be entertained while enjoying some beach time! The City of Virginia Beach and Live! On Atlantic provide live entertainment all summer long for beachgoers. Concerts, festivals, beach parties, and even fireworks happen throughout the summer at different locations along the boardwalk and beach, plus at local parks and stages. Nightly entertainment begins in mid-June and runs through August. This year, there is so much to look forward to, such as Latin Fest, Salute to Summer, Chalk the Walk ARTsplosion, biweekly fireworks, and plenty of live music along the beach! A full schedule of this year's events can be found here.
Photo courtesy of virginiabeach.guide
At 28 feet wide and three miles long, with a separate bike path for biking or rollerblading, there is so much to do and see on the Virginia Beach boardwalk. Aside from the many hotels and oceanfront restaurants to choose from, the boardwalk has family-friendly attractions, such as a Ferris wheel, arcades, and sidewalk entertainers. There are also plenty of fishing piers directly off of the boardwalk that can be used for either fishing or taking in the beautiful ocean views. Rent a bike or surrey and cruise down the boardwalk on your next beach trip!
Photo courtesy of www.catch31.com
Finding the perfect place to eat is a crucial part of your perfect day at the beach. Thankfully, the Virginia Beach oceanfront has tons of great restaurants.
- Chix Seaside Grill and Bar has been a Virginia Beach staple since 1977 and offers ocean views, a seafood-centered menu, and DJs every weekend.
- Waterman's Surfside Grill, open since 1981, is home to the famous Virginia Beach Orange Crush cocktail. It also has live bands every Friday night.
- For a more upscale dining experience, visit Catch 31 Fish House & Bar for the views, raw bar, and nightly entertainment during the summer.
Photo courtesy of www3.hilton.com
Vacation isn't complete without a bit of nightlife! If you're looking to go out and show off your fresh tan, the Virginia Beach oceanfront has plenty of places to choose from.
- Peabody's is a popular spot for locals and visitors, as it is known for having a great dance floor. Their happy hour has $2 drinks, shots, beers, and free cover charge.
- Skybar is a members-only club at the Hilton Virginia Beach oceanfront. This exclusive club claims to have the best view of the beach, which can be seen from the private rooftop.
- Ultra Martini Lounge is an upscale martini bar located near the oceanfront. This adults-only lounge offers a wide variety of martinis or other cocktails for sophisticated socializing.
Don't miss out on everything happening at the Virginia Beach oceanfront this summer! Do you have any favorite spots you like to visit on your Virginia Beach vacations? Tell us about them in the comments!