Are you a wine snob? Do you reach for that bottle of merlot after a long day of work? If you quickly answered yes, then this job might be the perfect fit for you.
Murphy-Goode Winery announced a new, one-year position with its team in Sonoma, California. However, this position isn't just a job—it's a life.
"We have a job that will instantaneously catapult you into the wine stratosphere," the listing read. "Have you always wanted to live in breathtaking Sonoma Wine Country…with a $10,000 per month salary, and rent free for a year? Looking for a change in your career and to pursue your passion? Do words like Cabernet, Rosé, and Chardonnay just roll off your tongue?"
One qualified individual will get to move to California and live rent-free for an entire year while learning the ins and outs of winemaking. For the first 90 days on the job, the individual will shadow winemaker Dave Ready Jr. and explore everything about harvesting. From there, the company will work with the new hire to identify his/her passions and help determine their perfect path in the wine business. According to the job description, "the sky is your limit!"
The position is simply called "A Really Goode Job Posting," and honestly, its name is on point. The job is literally amazing. However, candidates will definitely have some stiff competition. To make yourself stand out, you may want to check out the posting to see exactly what the company is looking for.
According to Murphy-Goode Winery, the perfect candidate:
- Takes life one sip at a time
- Is willing to have his/her employer pay their rent in Sonoma County, specifically in the town of Healdsburg
- Desires to make a positive impact on each department he/she interacts with
- Doesn't choose wine, but instead, has the wine choose them
- Answers "yes, please" when someone asks them for "red or white"
- Prefers a wine key as their Swiss Army Knife
- Believes yoga in the vineyard is better than yoga in a studio
- Is willing and excited to learn about various aspects of the wine industry
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Pivoting your career/life to create an adventure of a lifetime in the wine industry
- Acquiring strong knowledge of vineyards, winery operations, and wine in general
- Shadowing winemaker Dave Ready Jr. and the winemaking team during harvest and assist in winery operations
- Learning the growing and dynamic world of E-commerce
- Working with teams to drive awareness and build demand for Murphy-Goode Winery
- Exploring the many beautiful features of Sonoma Wine Country
- Developing strong working relationships across functions of the winery
- Networking and building relationships with employees, trade, and consumers of Murphy-Goode
- Providing hospitality to trade and consumers by contributing to a positive winery experience
- Effectively promoting Murphy-Goode wines through various channels and events
The application is available to all U.S. residents over the age of 21. In order to apply, visit the job posting online and upload a video of your application. Each candidate will be evaluated based on value, creativity, design, applicable experience, and skill set. You can apply from now until June 30 and the job is expected to start in September 2021.
Are you going to apply for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? Let us know in the comments!