People come from far and wide to see the natural beauty of Maryland's Kilgore Falls.
Located in the Falling Branch area of Rocks State Park, Kilgore Falls is a 17-foot-tall gem of a day trip destination. For now, reservations are required if you plan on visiting on weekends through Labor Day, so be sure you plan your trip carefully.
Make your reservation online here—the parking lot closest to Kilgore Falls is very small, so you want to know you'll get a spot before you make the drive out.
- Address: Rocks State Park | 1026 Falling Branch Road in Pylesville, MD
- Hours: Parking lot for Kilgore Falls opens at 8 a.m. from March to October and 10 a.m. from November to February
- Website: Rocks State Park
- Phone: (410) 557-7994
While the weather is warm, you'll find quite a bit of competition for prime selfie spots. Pack your patience and try to maintain proper social distancing while you're around other visitors. If you can't make it this summer, it's still a spectacular sight in the winter!
Know Before You Go
- There are no public facilities in vicinity of Kilgore Falls. While you can certainly pack a picnic lunch, there are no shared-use picnic tables.
- If you go during the week, you don't need to make a reservation. Naturally, getting there on the early side is always going to be best.
- Leashed pets are allowed in all areas of the park.
- Portable grills and firepits are prohibited.
- The falls are open for wading and swimming at your own risk.
For more information about getting to Kilgore Falls, or what to expect when you get there, visit the park's official website.
Have you ever been to Kilgore Falls? Tell us about it in the comments!