Volvo has outdone themselves with their new, all-electric XC40 P8 Recharge SUV.
Just one look at the specs of the XC40 P8 Recharge will tell you that this luxury compact SUV was made for the Colorado lifestyle. Sporty yet sophisticated, this sturdy and intuitive SUV is at home both in cities and on mountain roads. On top of this, this zero-emission automotive does its part in reducing negative environmental impact. The experts at Volvo debuted an in-depth video showcasing all that the XC40 P8 Recharge has to offer—inside, outside, and everywhere in between.
Key features of the XC40 P8 Recharge include:
- Wide rear wheels for optimal driving performance
- Generous trunk space for ski and camping gear
- 3,300-lb. towing capacity
- Easy-to-use tow bar
- Space under the hood for extra storage
- Ample leg and headroom for all passengers
- Android-powered infotainment system
- Voice-activated control of connected devices at home
- Remote activation of the heated steering wheel and seats
- Integrated start button in the driver's seat
- 0-62 mph in 4.9 seconds
- 408 horsepower
- All-wheel drive stability in all road conditions
- One pedal drive (press for acceleration and release for braking)
- 250-mile battery range
- Electric powertrain structure lowers the center of gravity, stiffens the frame, evens out weight contribution, and reduces road noise
- Quick and easy charging powers battery from 0-80 percent in 40 minutes at a 150kW charging station
- Maintains Volvo's dedication to driver and passenger safety systems
- The battery is encased in a safety cage for enhanced protection of both driver and battery
- Driver-assist accident avoidance programming detects pedestrians and other cars to mitigate collisions
No matter if you're a fan of electric vehicles or not, you have to admit that this impressive addition to Volvo's vehicle lineup is worthy of praise. In a time where environmental impact is a global concern, the XC40 P8 Recharge outdoes itself in combining the best aspects of an electric vehicle with an SUV's rugged performance.