The F-16 Fighting Falcons will take flight over Southwest Colorado in honor of front-line workers.
In case you missed the Thunderbirds flying over the state on April 18, the Colorado Air National Guard on May 6 along the Front Range, or the "aerial parade" throughout Denver on May 14, you're in luck! There will be another flyover happening in the southwestern part of the state this Friday, May 15.
The F-16 Fighting Falcons will lift off at 11 a.m. and go until about 12:45 p.m., flying over health care facilities in Cortez, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Montrose, Delta, Alamosa, La Junta, and Parker, among others.
"As much as we wanted to include all of the critical Coloradans who are leading the fight against COVID-19 during the first flyover, we had to prioritize based on where the highest number of cases were," 140th Wing Commander U.S. Air Force Col. Micah Fesler said in a statement.
This second flyover is part of the U.S. Air Force’s Operation American Resolve, which aims to boost morale during the pandemic.
"We truly appreciate the support of communities throughout Colorado over the years," Fesler said, "This flyover will give us a chance to reach those who are farther from the Front Range."
Approximate times and locations for the flyover can be found below:
- 11:03 a.m. – Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton
- 11:11 a.m. – Middle Park Medical Center, Granby
- 11:14 a.m. – Kremmling Memorial Hospital, Kremmling
- 11:24 a.m. – Grand River Health, Rifle
- 11:31 a.m. – Colorado Canyons Hospital & Medical Center Community Hospital, Fruita
- 11:37 a.m. – Saint Mary’s Hospital and Medical Center Heliport, Grand Junction
- 11:42 a.m. – Delta County Memorial Hospital, Delta
- 11:45 a.m. – Montrose Memorial Hospital Heliport, Montrose
- 11:55 a.m. – Southwest Memorial Hospital, Cortez
- Noon – Animas Surgical Hospital, Mercy Regional Medical Center, Durango
- 12:06 p.m. – Pagosa Springs Medical Center, Pagosa Springs
- 12:14 p.m. – SLV Health Regional Medical Center, Alamosa
- 12:24 p.m. – Mount San Rafael Hospital, Trinidad
- 12:33 p.m. – Arkansas Valley Regional Medical Center Helipad, La Junta
- 12:48 p.m. – Parker Adventist Hospital, Parker
Share any photos/videos with us in the comments below if you catch a glimpse of the flyover on Friday!