Colorado has frozen over! Experience the magic of the season at Ice Castles in Dillon, Colorado.Get ready, Colorado. A magical land made entirely of ice is coming to Dillon this holiday season. Making its grand return, Ice Castles will be hosting its annual showcase of elaborate ice sculptures. In the past, Ice Castles has had castles constructed in Breckenridge and Silverthorne. It takes about 4,000 hours to shape and place the icicles. That's about 10,000 icicles per day! The acre-sized castle will be available for viewing starting in late December or early January -- no official date has been set yet. Please visit the Ice Castles website for updates. Tickets will cost roughly $15.95 for adults and $10.95 for children four to 11 years old. According to lead ice artisan Dan Beck, "We're going to have slides, arches, towers, caves, tunnels ... It's going to be amazing."
Some tips to ensure a fantastic experience:
- Wear Boots -- the entire surface of Ice Castles is made of crushed ice, so please walk with caution.
- Buy Tickets Before You Arrive -- try to arrive within at least 30 minutes of your scheduled arrival time.
- Save Some Trees -- Buy your tickets online and receive an email with a QR code, that way you won't have to print out your tickets.
- Take a Bunch of Photos -- Use the hashtag #icecastles on all of your photos! For more information on commercial or specialized photo sessions, please email Ice Castles at [email protected]
- Sleds are the Best -- Bring a small sled to tug your children along. It'll be much easier than a stroller!