This caffeine-infused banana bread recipe is the perfect addition to a lazy Sunday breakfast.
Banana bread is an easy dessert to throw together in a pinch that seems to delight just about anyone. As a typical breakfast treat, it's only fitting that this particular recipe should include coffee. I'll admit that when it comes to coffee, one might say that I have a slight addiction to caffeine. Since I believe that rehab is for quitters, I'll take my coffee in solid, liquid, or gas form thankyouverymuch.
Also, if you've been privy to any of my previous recipes, you know that I appreciate the addition of chocolate which, coincidentally, also has caffeine. So, without further ado, here's a recipe that'll put a smile on any coffee lover's face or become a welcomed menu item at a potluck brunch.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup extra strong brewed coffee (I used Black Rifle Coffee's Just Black roast)
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 mixing bowls
- Greased loaf pan
1. Brew coffee, set aside, and wait for it to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cream softened butter and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
4. Mash the bananas until soft.
5. Add mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar mixture, and combine well.
6. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
7. Alternate adding flour mixture and cooled coffee to the banana mixture. Add half the flour and mix, then add half the coffee and mix. Repeat this step with the second half of flour and coffee.
8. Fold chocolate chips and pecans into the batter.
9. Add batter to the greased loaf pan (vintage Pyrex for the win!). Bake for one hour and 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the bread comes out clean. The top should be crusty and middle should be soft.
10. Let cool, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Do you have any other fun recipes we should try? Share them with us in the comments.