"Try the grey stuff, it's delicious!"
Disney has shared several recipes of the most beloved treats from its parks, and they've released a staple to the masses: "The Grey Stuff" from Beauty and the Beast.
So ... what even is "The Grey Stuff"? It was briefly mentioned in "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast, but what actually is it? Well, that was up to the chefs at Disney to figure out! It's a mixture of cookies and cream cookies, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream, served on top of a scalloped cookie. (Yum!) The sweet dessert is served at the Red Rose Tavern in Disneyland and the Be Our Guest restaurant in Walt Disney World.
And yes, if you've had the chance to try it at the parks, you can attest that it is, in fact, delicious. If you haven't had the pleasure, we invite you to relax, pull up a chair as we proudly present—The Grey Stuff!
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounces) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 scalloped sugar cookies
- Edible sugar pearls
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in the food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Spoon grey stuff into a piping bag fitted with the desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.
Will you be trying to make The Grey Stuff at home? Share your yummy results with us in the comments below.