Mark your calendars for the 16th annual Downtown Holiday Market!
It’s crazy to think that the holidays are around the corner! There have been a lot of challenges and uncertainty this year, but we’re excited to hear that D.C.’s Downtown Holiday Market is still on! This is the 16th running of the holiday market featuring hundreds of local vendors and boutique businesses in a festive outdoor area. Let’s discuss the details below.
- When: Friday, November 20, to Wednesday, December 23
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET
- Open rain, snow, or shine
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, certain Mondays (November 30, December 7, and December 14)
- Where: F Street between 7th & 9th streets, NW (In front of the National Portrait Gallery)
- How to get there:
Courtesy of Downtown Holiday Market's Facebook
Obviously, the COVID-19 pandemic is on everyone's mind, and the organizers of the event are taking the necessary precautions to make sure the Downtown Holiday Market is a fun and safe environment:
- The market is moved to the street this year to allow for plenty of space.
- Two blocks will be blocked off, fencing in the market with a single entry point and exit point (250 to 500 participants max depending on what reintegration phase D.C. will be in by November).
- Masks will be required for both vendors and shoppers.
Many local businesses have been adversely affected by the pandemic, but this is a great way to show support by purchasing your holiday gifts at D.C.'s Downtown Holiday Market this year. What are you looking forward to purchasing at the market? Let us know in the comments below!